Just thought I would give you the 411 on H2O today. So here it is!
- 780 million people lack access to an improved water source; approximately one in nine people. (WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme (JMP) for Water Supply and Sanitation 2012).
- 3% of the Earth’s water is fresh.
- A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds.
- Only 1% of the Earth’s water is available for drinking.
- In Africa alone, people spend 40 billion hours every year walking for water.
- We lose a pint or more of water each day by simply breathing (according to a study done in the northeast)…and I bet that is not all you have done today, which means you should be drinking a whole lot of water!!
SIGNS OF DEHYDRATION (according to WebMD):
- Dry mouth
- The eyes stop making tears
- Sweating may stop
- Muscle cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Heart palpitations
- Lightheadedness (especially when standing)
- Decreased urine output